COMMENTS: Looking Forward, Backward
We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason.

Great site guys... and great job! I have a request for a cartoon. I would love to see a small president bush in the hands of Uncle Sam. With President bush pointing and looking in a direction with the president saying ("onwards"). Or something to that extent. Thanks again and nice to see the comments added.
my best
bc

Posted by bc at November 4, 2004 06:04 PM

First....Thanks everyone. You've made the "silly season" very satisfying. And we're just getting warmed up!

Did you notice the strange evolution of Kerry's caricature? Over time, I realized a cutting exaggeration (beady sloping eyes set wide apart, the hooking nose over a tiny downturned mouth, and of course, THE CHIN) could be improved with closer observation, NOT LESS.
I imagine the caricature process can be described as learning to see in high detail and then taking a wrecking ball to the mundane,

Rest assured, as new faces pop up in the news, I'll keep swingin' for the fences.....

Posted by john cox at November 4, 2004 06:17 PM

Great site, keep up the great work...i visit daily and always laugh

Posted by Brandon at November 4, 2004 06:40 PM

This comment is for your Victory cartoon, no comment link there. Now that the election is over, the cartoon could give valuable advice to George the Younger on future dealing with the Dems. In the words of Rawhide, "Don't try to understand them, just rope and roll and brand them."

It's a great day in America.

Posted by Steve C. at November 4, 2004 07:15 PM

I'm eagerly anticipating the new book. The work y'all do is the best out there.

Posted by Corvvs at November 4, 2004 09:25 PM

Sharp, incisive, insightful... and these are your WEAK points! You guys are tops!

I've gottta get my scanner fixed and start posting caricatures and political-commentary cartoons! Until then, you're untouchable!

And THANKS for opening up comments!

Posted by Carridine at November 4, 2004 09:44 PM

don't know if you guys read the comments or take suggestions on updating cartoons, but the first pic at the top deserves a little update, adding Dan Rather's head to the wall along with Edwards, Teresa, and maybe McAuliffe. If George Lucas can get away with changing entire scenes in his movies, I don't see a problem with re-using a fantastic idea and tweaking it a little :)

Joe

Posted by AMJoe at November 4, 2004 09:58 PM

Wooohooo! Comments!

I just wanted to say Thanks guys.

I've printed out several of your cartoons and sent em to my hubs in Afghanistan. You keep both of us laughing.

Thanks Again.

Posted by Tink at November 5, 2004 02:05 AM

Since you've opened comments for a bit, I'd just like to express my gratitude for all that you've done over the past few years. Excellent, brilliant work. I know it's been said many times before, but I find it disgusting that you're not in more papers. I mean, heck, Ben Sargent has nothing on you guys. I don't think you've had a strip yet that hasn't made me think and laugh at the same time. Unlike most political cartoonists these days, your work isn't driven by some juvenile spiteful hate, and as a consequence your work is far more trenchant than that of the editorial writers.

Good luck! We all love you. Even some liberals I know...

Posted by Jeremiah at November 5, 2004 10:05 AM

Thanks, guys. I look forward to owning your new book-especially to that full-color Uncle Sam. I love your work.

Posted by evariste at November 5, 2004 11:01 AM

keep up the good work. your artistic skill in political cartoons is second to nobody.

Posted by Ross at November 5, 2004 02:23 PM

Great cartoons! "Every one a Gem!"
Arriba y Adelante! (upward and forward!)

Doug Huggins

Posted by Doug Huggins at November 5, 2004 02:26 PM

I'll be sure to recommend your book to all the myoptic bigots and islamophobes I know.

And some wonder why no-one will carry your crude propaganda!

Posted by uncle sam at November 5, 2004 03:13 PM

The real good one was the one depicting the hawk and dove sewn together it just cant fly and nether could kerry and edwards and the one with kerry infrom of the limo iwe at least dont have to pay fpr a bullet proof VW bus painted up with rainbows and flowers

Posted by war bird at November 5, 2004 05:29 PM

Allen & John:

Great announcement! Black & White World II: January Book of the Month @ EGO blog! Your new book will be a perfect X-mas gift to rational individuals all around the world!

All the Best,

Martin Lindeskog - American in spirit.
Gothenburg, Sweden (a.k.a the socialist "paradise").

Posted by Martin Lindeskog at November 6, 2004 12:41 PM